What is ProjX?
How much funding can I get?
The maximum funding that the ProjX team can provide per team is $500 for longer batches and $250 for shorter batches.
How do I apply for funding?
Apply now online!
How is the mentorship structured?
We are in the process of modifying the mentorship program for ProjX. We hope to incorporate more involvement and support via more directed and personal guidance from ProjX mentors.
Can I get funding for multiple projects?
We believe in empowering students to explore and develop their ideas, so we will evaluate each application independently of others. Therefore, a student can be on multiple teams; however, each student may only be the lead member of one team.
Can I pivot from my original idea? If so, will this affect me adversely in the future?
Yes. We encourage students to pursue their passions and pivoting is an important part of innovating. As long as the new project is legitimate and would have been funded on its own, ProjX will continue to support you. No, this will not affect your applications adversely in the future.
Can I display my project at xFair even if I wasn't funded?
We want to promote the maker culture at MIT and will do our best to support all student projects, regardless of whether or not they are affiliated with ProjX. However, due to space constraints we may not be able to fit all projects. We will publicize any opportunities to display that open up!
Where can I find funding outside of ProjX?
- Trust Center: Provides entrepreneurship resources
- Sandbox Fund: Provides a range of funding for MIT students to develop entrepreneurial initiatives
- StartLabs: Puts on events to support student entrepreneurs, stay late and hack (SLACK) nights, startup career fairs
- Dorm Room Fund: Provides seed funding for student startups in exchange for equity. "Venture fund for students by student."
- Rough Draft VC: Provides seed funding for student startups in exchange for equity. Owned by General Catalyst.
- Clean energy prize: prize for undergrads working on energy ideas/companies
- Climate CoLab: Offers prizes for climate change and related issues
- GFSA: Up to $20k accelerator to launch founders out of MIT for highly structured teams that are ready to launch
- IDEAS Global: Supports innovation and entrepreneurship through an annual competition that awards up to $10k per team for the best ideas to tackle certain barriers
- MIT CHIEF: Dedicated to contributing to a global entrepreneurial ecosystem, equipping entrepreneurs with resources, immersing their startups into the US or Chinese markets